Irrespective of the size of an enterprise, it always needs the leverage that data analytics (of the right data of course) can provide. For any size of business to stay competitive, it’s imperative to get a handle on its data because its counterparts are likely already doing the same with theirs. However, it is important to not get overwhelmed by large amounts of data, which can’t be easily accessed or understood, much less utilized. As new software increasingly allows for better collecting, analyzing and utilizing data correctly are going to excel faster than we have ever seen.
Big data basically refers to extremely large sets of data that can be analyzed using a computer to show trends, patterns and associations. This is especially the case when comes to human interactions and behavior. Indeed, bigdata does have great importance to businesses.
The challenges that come with the management of big data include:
- How to capture more and better data
- How to keep the data protected
- How to maintain the quality of data
- Making the data more meaningful for the business
This is why there is technology like Hadoop.
Big Data Mining benefits for Enterprises and Small business-
- Early warning: develop fast response in time of crisis, detecting anomalies in the usage of digital media
- Real-time awareness: design programs and policies with a more fine-grained representation of reality
- Real-time feedback: check what policies and programs fails, monitoring it in real time, and using this feedback make the needed changes